Daily News – 19th of July 2019
0
What’s new

Microsoft notified 10,000 people that hackers from Iran, North Korea and Russia are targeting their emails

The company revealed that around 84 percent of these attacks are aimed at businesses, while the remaining 16 percent are targeted at personal email accounts. Majority of the attacks came from three countries: Iran (Holmium and Mercury), North Korea (Thallium) and Russia (Yttrium and Strontium).
You can read more here. 

European Commission fined Qualcomm €242 million

EU concluded that Qualcomm used abusive pricing to force its main rival, UK-based company Icera, out of the market by selling its UMTS chipsets below cost to two customers: Huawei and ZTE. The investigation, which was triggered by a complaint filed by Icera, dates back to 2015, and relates to Qualcomm business practices between 2009 and 2011.
More info are available here. 

New products

Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro

Black Shark 2 Pro will have Snapdragon 855 Plus processor and a 4100 mAh battery. It will be launched on July 30.
More info here. 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

The tablet will have a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED display and a Snapdragon 855 processor. It will come with a 6,840 mAh battery.
More info here. 

You might want to know about this

VMware will acquire Bitfusion

Bitfusion has created an elastic and virtual OS for hardware accelerators. VMware plans to use Bitfusion’s technology to support AI and machine learning-based workloads on premise and in hybrid cloud environments. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
You can read more here. 

Huawei said HongMeng OS is not for smartphones and will continue using Android

Huawei said Hongmeng operating system is for industrial use and the system has been in development long before the current discussions around finding an alternative to Android. The company added that HongMeng is very secure because of fewer lines of codes compared to a mobile OS and has an extreme low latency compared with a smartphone operating system.
More info can be found here. 

Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Privacy Preference Center

Necessary

These cookies are necessary for our Sites to function and cannot be switched off. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our website will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.

cs_count_views#, fc_1, fc_sb_1, gdpr[allowed_cookies], gdpr[allowed_cookies], gdpr[consent_types], gdprprivacy_bar, linkedin_oauth_#, PHPSESSID, wordpress_logged_in_[hash], wordpress_sec_[hash], wp-settings-[UID], wp-settings-{time}-[UID], wordpress_test_cookie

Functionality

Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our website. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.

1P_JAR, APISID, CONSENT, HSID, NID, SAPISID, SID, SIDCC, SSID

Statistics

Statistics cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to know which pages or features are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around our website. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our website, and will not be able to monitor their performance.

_ga, _gat, _gat_gtag-UA_45539333_1,_gid

Sharing

The __atuvc cookie is created and read by the AddThis social sharing site JavaScript on the client side in order to make sure the user sees the updated count if they share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated.
No data from that cookie is sent back to AddThis and removing it when disabling cookies would cause unexpected behavior for users.

__atuvc