About our client
As one of the largest companies in the world in their industry, our client exhibits a tremendous market share with a revenue of close to 2 billion Euro in 2015. They are present in the FTSE 50, boasting one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. They have a market leading presence in Western Europe, the US and Australia as well as a wide range of B2B and B2C operations across Europe.
Their development centre in Romania is located in Cluj-Napoca, where they employ more than 250 people.
About the position
You will be part of a team that sustains the existing applications with second and third level support and also undertakes the design, development and support a range of Data Acquisition, Data Delivery, Data integration and Business Intelligence solutions.
The job also consists of:
– Providing direct assistance when required with hands on technical work and mentoring developers
– Designing and implementing from simple to complex, enterprise wide solutions and diagnosing and solving simple through complex issues within such environments.
– Supporting the Line Manager and other team leaders to identify areas that would benefit from the application of consistent design, technical and process standards across the team whilst keeping the focus on data integration, data frameworks, data availability, ETL, ELT Data Warehousing, dimensional modelling, data modelling, data services and reporting applications.
– Providing support in attendance of SCRUMS and estimating Visions through Brief and Stories backed by consistent artefact generation in HLA documentation, wiki enhancement and communication with peers.
– Advocating the application of technical and process standards across the team, consistent design, platforms and applications at project inception and at analysis and design phase.
– Identifying in a proactive way opportunities to improve and rationalise applications and processes across the whole team with the aim of increasing the supportability of systems.
– Identifying approaches across diverse programs, projects and work streams.
– Encouraging he production of reusable methods, code and modules where appropriate with a view to maximizing effort and reducing development costs.
Desired skills and experience
Good understanding Agile methodologies, standards and process implementation and management;
Ability to influence and take technical decisions within a fast moving commercial environment.
Nice to have but not mandatory
Experience in designing and implementing Data Visualization/Federation solutions;
Python/Java or understanding of another scripting language;
Good understanding of Marketing and CRM technologies;
Basic java enterprise solution design experience;
Experience with Real-time Data Integration and Data Warehousing;
Exposure to protobuf and/or kafka;
Experience in designing and implementing Business Rules Engines/Repositories.
Former experience using structured or unstructured methods for implementing and integrating and supporting substantial packaged and bespoke systems over geographically distributed sites;
Background in analysis and design of simple to complex data systems integration, sharing data between departments and with external suppliers and customers;
Former physical database design/development in one or more major RDBMS (i.e. Oracle) and/or DW hardware or Software Appliances (i.e. MPP platforms);
Experience in data modelling methods and application of best principles of data integration, data warehouse and ETL or ELT design;
Exposure and understanding of Cloud technologies and use of Cloud technologies in the data sphere. (i.e. AWS);
Exposure and understanding of No SQL technologies and use of “Big Data” solutions in the data sphere. (i.e. Hadoop/Hive/Pig/MongoDB);
Past experience with and within solution design in an enterprise environment;
Strong experience in working with infrastructure teams for the implementation and design of technical architectures.
Salary per annum minimum€32,500 +
Minimum experience6 Years
Extra benefitsFinancial bonuses, Gym membership, Health insurance, Other benefits