In your role as the DevOps Engineer you will be part of a newly formed team that will work on complex technical problems.
About our client
As one of the largest companies in the world in their industry, our client exhibits a tremendous market share with a revenue of close to 2 billion Euro in 2015. They are present in the FTSE 50, boasting one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. They have a market leading presence in Western Europe, the US and Australia as well as a wide range of B2B and B2C operations across Europe.
Their development centre in Romania is located in Cluj-Napoca, where they employ more than 250 people.
About the position
In order to be a successful candidate you will have to be thorough, proactive with a positive and results-driven attitude and with excellent technical and problem solving skills. This position requires a person who will be responsible for delivery and support from development through to production for a given product portfolio, within agreed timelines and by driving continuous improvements across the Linux environments.
The job also consists of:
– Deploying and configurating new software application releases.
– Assisting other engineers and developers within the team to scale and build the infrastructure for resilience, growth and security.
– Reviewing software and hardware design documents.
– Estimating resources for projects and software releases.
– Acting as an escalation point for 1st line support for various issues within the team. |
– Providing on-going support of a given applications portfolio and on-call support duties for application servers (if requested).
– Performing system monitoring and reviewing system and application logs.
– Verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, and also the completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
Strong troubleshooting and logical fault-diagnostic skills;
Proven knowledge and experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration;
Knowledge of Apache/PHP/MySQL stack;
Basic Oracle and Networking knowledge;
Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical capabilities;
Ability to use scripting technologies (Shell, Bash, Perl, Batch, python, ruby) to create/modify scripts;
Ability to build on and use open-source tools/projects;
Proactive approach to all aspects of systems administration and attention to detail;
Ability to work to tight timeframes as necessary and to take ownership of an issue;
Ability to enforce standards and completing documentation and to work as a strong team member;
Ability and desire to innovate and to work with new technologies;
Strong communication skills;
Nice to have but not mandatory:
Knowledge of automation tools (Chef/Puppet/CFengine);
Experience of Virtualisation technologies ( Preferably Xen Enterprise);
Experience with Java/J2EE based web sites; with packaging of applications; and with Oracle databases;
Configuration and implementation of monitoring tools;
Experience of load balancing products and/or clustering (HA and HPCC);
Ability to understand high-volume transactional systems and distributed applications;
Experience of supporting JBoss/Tomcat/Cougar;
Experience in application configuration and deployment on Linux platforms;
Experience in creation and roll-out of technical and procedural standards;
Experience with change control and release management processes and with working in large environments;