The Business Continuity Manager will provide information for metrics and reporting and drive production of relevant business continuity capabilities reports.
About our client
As one of the largest companies in the world in their industry, our client exhibits a tremendous market share with a revenue of close to 2 billion Euro in 2015. They are present in the FTSE 50, boasting one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. They have a market leading presence in Western Europe, the US and Australia as well as a wide range of B2B and B2C operations across Europe.
Their development centre in Romania is located in Cluj-Napoca, where they employ more than 250 people.
About the position
You will be leading the operation and continual improvement of our client`s Business Continuity & IT DR Governance System. This position requires you to determine any resiliency concerns and consider recovery options whilst helping all functions understand their critical processes.
The job also consists of:
– Coordinating activities of technology resources with key business units and development groups, as required and assuming governance responsibility for IT disaster recovery, with a major focus on meeting all strategic planned deliverables.
– Assisting business areas to build and maintaining Business Impact Assessments (BIAs).
– Analyzing the data from BIAs/BCPs to highlight inconsistencies and challenge business requirements where appropriate.
– Maintaining and building strong relationships with stakeholders and key business areas throughout the organisation.
– Maintaining and building the Business Continuity Management System (policy, processes, reporting, communication plan, training & awareness).
– Maintaining and building a robust IT DR System (governance, management of risk and assurance) integrating/aligning business and IT objectives.
– Assisting business areas to build and maintaining Business Continuity Plans (BCPs).
– Leading all required BC & DR related testing: quarterly IT DR deliverables, scenario based tabletop exercises with key representatives from technology & business area.
– Working with the Risk team to oversee and drive the treatment of BC/DR & technology related risks.
– Using a risk approach to BC activities to focus work on high impact areas of the business.
– Maintain awareness of industry trends and standards (such as BS25999/ISO22301 and align our client`s processes where apropriate).
– Working with the Group Procurement & Vendor Management and Supplier Assurance teams to understand any business continuity concerns / actions required with suppliers.
Strong understanding of BC & DR related standards ( ISO 22301 or ISO 27001);
Proven ability with Disaster recovery planning and implementation;
Excellent motivation and organisational skills;
Ability to quickly adapt to and understand a complex, rapidly changing, global organisation, e.g. changing organisational structure and stakeholders;
Strong high-level technical understanding of infrastructure design;
Ability to independently plan and prioritise.
Ability to execute activities to a plan and report on progress;
Ability to work as part of a department in a very changing and fast paced a environment;
Strong negotiation and management skills;
Excellent analytical skills and accuracy.
Nice to have but not mandatory:
Certified BC professional (CBCP);
Past experience with IT Security & Risk Management;
Initiative and ownership of business continuity that will provide to give senior management across the business confidence in its management and execution.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
Hands-on approach in developing plans and strategies and owning completion of activities within the plans;
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
Initiative, motivation and creative.
Past experience leading and managing teams or high-performance multidisciplinary workgroups to meet goals across multiple projects;
Experience in defining, implementing and enforcing risk-based standards, processes and procedures for responding to disruptions in business or IT operations;
Proven experience dealing with Director-level from technology and business area.