The Senior Front-End Web Developer will use a combination of markup languages to write web pages. You will create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines.
About our client
Our client is a genuine success story when it comes to Romanian start-ups. Established in the city of Sibiu in 2007, they’ve managed to become the leading Billing and Inventory Management Cloud Solution in Romania. Their active clients consist of over 33,000 Romanian Small Businesses.
As one of the few companies in Romania backed up by VC funding, they are in the process of expanding their business to the next level.
About the position
In order to be a successful candidate you must be motivated to combine user experience with the art of programming. You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation by working with the the UI/UX designer to translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
The job also consists of:
– Building reusable code and libraries for future use;
– Optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability;
– Developing new user-facing features while making the user experience the top priority;
– Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs;
– Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders;
– Assuring that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3;
Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS;
Proven understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN;
Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
Nice to have but not mandatory:
Basic knowledge of image authoring tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop.
Proactive and positive attitude;
Commitment and dedication to the product, customer and the team.