About our client
As a leading communication and information solution provider, our client operates in mission critical/safety environments around the world, for example Air Traffic Control, Public Safety Emergency Services, Railways, Defense and Maritime. They develop and deliver fail-safe, user-friendly, custom-tailored solutions that empower their customers to efficiently perform their tasks.
The company and it’s associated subsidiaries are present in over 50 countries. Their development and R&D centre in Romania is located in Cluj-Napoca.
About the position
You will create, update, troubleshoot and test project or product environments. This position also requires you to be the point of contact to the customer regarding all technical issues.
The job also consists of:
– Analyzing,documenting and solving issues found internally and by the customer, according to the Service Level Agreement.
– Analyzing technical project risks and opportunities and develop contingency plans.
– Analyzing and collecting customer specifications and change requests.
– Conducting system qualification tests.
– Updating/Creating test procedures used to validate the system function.
– Updating technical documentation of the system and its interfaces.
– Windows/Linux/VMware system administration.
– Putting the system into operation.
– 24/7 ON CALL customer support (rotation).
Desired skills and experience
Strong technical knowledge in the networking area;
Knowledge in databases;
Knowledge in software testing;
Ability to understand and create system architectures;
Consulting competence for customer solutions and business sense;
Ability to translate customer wishes into product requirements.
Nice to have but not mandatory
Experience with monitoring tools(Zabbix);
Experience with VMWare.
2+ years in System Administration (Windows and Linux);
University degree in Computer Sciences or technical fields.